- Can you think of a time when you felt like you were starving? Can you think of a time when you ate too much?
- What emotions do you feel when you hear that there are almost 1 billion men, women, and children suffering from hunger around the world?
- Read James 2:1 - 4. Where have you experienced poverty in your community? How can churches be guilty of showing favoritism as described in this passage?
- How can we be guilty of seeing people in need as “issues”? How should the Gospel shape the way that we see those who are in poverty?
- Read James 2:14-18. How does faith show itself practically in a person’s life?
- Read Matthew 6:11, Matthew 14:15-21 and John 7:37-38. How did Jesus connect physical needs with spiritual needs?
- How should God’s definition of “neighbor” lead us to care for hungry families living thousands of miles away from our church?
- What actions can you take as an individual and as a church to meet the physical needs in your community and around the world?
Download "Ghr discussionguide"